I'm Scared of the Dentist
If you experience fear or anxiety thinking about visiting a dentist or having treatment done, you are not alone. We meet patients every day who are just like you — patients who have avoided getting the dental care they need to maintain a healthy, happy smile. We help you overcome your fears and we help you overcome your anxiety using an individualized genuine approach to understand your fears and concerns. Our methods have been perfected with over 25 years of treating patients with many types of dental fears and anxiety. At Always About Smiles, we want you to feel comfortable and relaxed during your visit to our Bethlehem, PA dental office. We offer sedation or anti-anxiety dentistry to help you feel at ease. Let’s talk about each of these options:
- Nitrous oxide. Otherwise known as laughing gas. Will help you feel a sense of euphoria and erase your anxiety.
- Premedication. Otherwise known as oral conscious sedation. This is a medication we will prescribe that you will take before coming to our office. It will produce a relaxed, worry-free state making treatment time pass quickly.
- Local anesthesia. This is a very fast and very effective pre-numbing gel combined with the newest state of the art dental novocaine that will numb a specific area of the mouth before a procedure. One of the ways we make sure your procedure will be painless.
- Pillows and blankets. We offer neck pillows and soft blankets so that you can feel right at home.
- Music. Take your mind off the treatment with pleasant entertainment.
- Cable TV. Entertain yourself with anything on Digital multimedia movies.
- Friendly, warm staff. We do our best to make you feel like family! Learn more about our staff here.
Our team does its best to help you understand and overcome your fears, help you confront your fears, and allow you to feel completely comfortable throughout treatment. For more extensive information on how we do this, visit our relieving dental anxiety service page. There, we will talk more about dental sedation and how this can help even patients who consider themselves “phobic.” We will be happy to help you get the care you need regardless of your situation. Don’t let dental phobia cost you more time, stress, money, and pain. Avoid larger dental problems by getting the little ones taken care of right now. Let us fill your cavities before they need crowns … let us combat your gum disease before you need periodontal surgery. If you are ready to overcome your fears and get the care you may desperately need, please contact our office directly. We can be reached at (484) 403-0099(484) 403-0099. You can also send us a message using our online form. We will be happy to help!